[UPDATE 6/21/08 12:20PM ET] – Sam Caplan over at Five Oz. got the opportunity to attend a media preview of UFC 2009 Undisputed (lucky dog!). Sam has a great recap of the presentation, and I wanted to share a few details on the game Sam passed along.
While the jury is still out on the gameplay until critics are given a chance to play the game, the presentation was still illuminating in regards of what we can expect from the game as well answering many questions that gamers have about UFC 2009 Undisputed. Some of the details you’re looking for might be available below:
- Scheduled release date of Spring 2009
- Will be available on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
- Online gameplay will be available through Xbox Live
- Over 80 UFC fighters will be featured in the five major weight classes. Anderson Silva, Forrest Griffin, B.J. Penn, Chuck Liddell, and Quinton Jackson all confirmed.
- Models designed in 30,000 polygons
- Fighting styles featured include boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, jiu-jitsu, and judo.
- Features include “Create-a-Fighter” and “Career” modes. With the “Create-a-Fighter” mode, you will be able to build a fighter from scratch and go through a training process in order to learn new techniques. In career mode, you will be able to compete for titles and vie for induction into the UFC Hall of Fame. You will also be able to establish friendships with other fighters and foster rivalries. In the career mode, fighters will also be able to learn new techniques through training and improve attributes such as strength and cardio.
As someone who never quite grew out of video games since the original Nintendo days, to say I’m excited about this would be a massive understatement.