THQ’s UFC 2009 Undisputed has been on display at the 2008 Games Convention this week. GameSpot.com got a chance to speak with the game’s producers about their latest progress.
Here’s a quick rundown of the details.
- 3,000 moves
- 200 submission moves (must include submissions from different positions and variations)
- 100 “cut zones” from which a fighter can bleed from
- Context-sensitive strikes
- Realistic touches to ground game (Ex. harder to submit a sweaty opponent)
- Character models are 25,000 polygons each
- Realistic damage model
- Enough Goldie/Rogan dialogue to prevent repeated comments in full-length fight
- Can assign multiple fighting styles to created character
MMABay is reporting that the game’s release date is set for February 27, 2009, although I have been unable to find where they are getting this information from. It’s also important to note that video game release dates often change throughout the course of development.