Update: Videos here.
The EliteXC weigh-ins took place today at the BankAtlantic Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Apparently, it took Gina Carano three tries to make weight. From MMAJunkie’s account, she weighed in at 142.75lbs on her first attempt. After shedding her clothes, she weighed in at 142.5lbs. On her third attempt, she finally hit the 141lbs mark. Well, at least she made it.
The weigh-in results:
- Kimbo Slice (234.5) vs. Ken Shamrock (206.5)
- Jake Shields (169.75) vs. Paul Daley (170)
- Andrei Arlovski (240.75) vs. Roy Nelson (262.75)
- Gina Carano (141) vs. Kelly Kobold (141)
- Benji Radach (185) vs. Murilo “Ninja” Rua (185)
- Cyborg Santos (148.5) vs. Yoko Takahashi (148.5)
- Edson Berto (157.75) vs. Connor Heun (160.75)
- Seth Petruzelli (205.5) vs. Aaron Rosa (204.75)
- Lorenzo Borgomeo (170.25) vs. Mikey Gomez (170.25)
- David Gomez (138.75) vs. Bryan Hamade (138.75)
- Jorge Bouchat (159.5) vs. Nicolae Cury (161.25)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
EliteXC “Heat” will take place tomorrow, Oct. 4, at 9PM ET at the BankAtlantic Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The event will air live (east coast) on CBS.