Apparently, EliteXC will announce the highly rumored vacant lightweight title fight between Nick Diaz and Eddie Alvarez tonight on CBS. Here’s a quick rundown of the rest.
- The event will be held in Reno, Nevada
- Robbie Lawler vs. Joey Villasenor II will headline
- Scott Smith will take on Hector Lombard in a middleweight bout (winner possibly meeting Ninja/Radach winner down the road)
- Kaitlin Young will return to action against Sarah Kaufmann
- Fabricio Camoes now unlikely against Yves Edwards
- Cyrille Diabate likely won’t be ready in time to face Rafeal Feijao for the light heavyweight strap (Feijao will fight, but may not be for the title)
- Brett Rogers still has no opponent and may not fight on the card
It wasn’t mentioned in Sam’s report, but Mike Chiappetta of NBCSports.com said in this week’s edition of MMA Fight Weekly that Affliction may be loaning out another fighter to EliteXC for this card, so we’ll keep you posted on that.
The card is shaping up to be pretty strong for a Showtime event, and I don’t know about you, but I’m really looking forward to the Diaz vs. Alvarez title fight.