The NSAC has released the fighter payouts for WEC 37 “Torres vs Tapia.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
It looks like Miguel Torres was the night’s big money winner (if you can call it that) for pocketing $44,000 for his impressive victory over Manny Tapia. Wagnney Fabiano and Mark Munoz both broke the $20,000 threshold. By the way, if you haven’t noticed, WEC salaries, for the most part are relatively pretty low. If they even get the chance to sign Gina Carano, would they be willing to break the trend to get her? Just a thought.
Courtesy of MMA Mania:
- Miguel Torres: $44,000 ($22,000 + $22,000)
Manny Tapia: $6,000
- Brian Bowles: $16,000 ($8,000 + $8,000)
Will Ribeiro: $4,000
- Wagnney Fabiano: $22,000 ($11,000 + $11,000)
Akitoshi Tamura: $6,000
- Joseph Benavidez: $17,000 ($8,500 + $8,500)
Danny Martinez: $2,000
- Johnny Hendricks: $16,000 ($8,000 + $8,000)
Justin Haskins: $3,000
- Mark Munoz: $20,000 ($10,000 + $10,000)
Ricardo Barros: $3,000
- Diego Nunes: $6,000 ($3,000 + $3,000)
Cole Province: $3,000
- Bart Palaszewski: $8,000 ($4,000 + $4,000)
Alex Karalexis: $8,000
- Cub Swansn: $10,000 ($5,000 + $5,000)
Hiroyuki Takaya: $5,500
- Shane Roller: $16,000 ($8,000 + $8,000)
Mike Budnik: $4,000
$7,500 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the Night: Bart Paleszewski
- Submission of the Night: Brian Bowles
- Fight of the Night: Cub Swanson & Hiroyuki Takaya,
A disclosed total of $249,000, including bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.