Josh Koscheck fought for the second time in six weeks against Yoshiyuki Yoshida in the night’s main event.
Mike Swick faced Jonathan Goulet in a welterweight match-up.
Steve Cantwell made the transition from the WEC to the UFC against UFC newcomer Razak Al-Hussan.
Tim Credeur took on Nate Loughran in a welterweight match-up.
Jim Miller jumped in on short notice to take on Matt Wiman.
Results after the jump.
- Josh Koscheck defeats Yoshiyuki Yoshida via Knockout in Round One
- Mike Swick defeats Johnathan Goulet via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Steve Cantwell defeats Razak Al-Hassan via TKO (Armbar – Ref Stoppage) in Round One
- Tim Credeur defeats Nate Loughran via TKO (Referee Stoppage) in Round Two
- Jim Miller defeats Matt Wiman via Unanimous Decision
- Luigi Fioravanti defeats Brodie Farber via Unanimous Decision
- Steve Bruno defeats Johnny Rees via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round Two
- Ben Saunders defeats Brandon Wolff via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Dale Hartt defeats Corey Hill via TKO (Leg Injury) in Round Two
- Justin McCully defeats Eddie Sanchez via Unanimous Decision
Apparently, there was a serious injury during the night’s preliminary bouts. According to MMA Weekly, Corey Hill broke his leg during his fight against Dale Hartt.
“The fighters start trading on the feet as Dale Hartt lands a leg kick, and just as Corey Hill plants his right leg to throw a punch, he crumbles to the mat. It appears that Hill has a broken leg. The sound from the break echoes in the arena. Hill is carried out on a stretcher.
Marc Ratner says he is pretty sure Hill has a broken leg. Dale Hartt stays by Corey’s side, as he is hurt in the Octagon. Everybody in the arena is visibly shaken by the situation in the cage. The replay shows a very, very nasty break in Hill’s leg. Dale Hartt is extremely classy staying by Corey’s side and talking after the fight.”
Hill’s leg was apparently set and an air cast was applied prior to him being removed from the Octagon.
Talk about a night of brutal finishes. From Hill to Cantwell’s armbar to Saunders absolute destruction of Brandon Wolff to Koscheck’s vicious knockout, the troops in attendance definitely got what they came for.
Knockout of the Night: Josh Koscheck
Submission of the Night: Steve Cantwell
Fight of the Night: Matt Wiman & Jim Miller ($30,000 each)
Bonus info courtesy of MMA Weekly