The NSAC has released the fighter payouts for UFC 94 “St. Pierre vs. Penn 2.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing, or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Not surprisingly, Georges St. Pierre and BJ Penn were night’s big money winners. GSP pocketed $400,000 for the victory with BJ Penn pulling in $125,000. Both fighters, however, will likely receive pay-per-view bonus checks as well. Lyoto Machida also earned a large check of $120,000 plus an additional $65,000 bonus for “Knockout of the Night.” Jon Jones sticks out as the most underpaid fighter on the card only earning $14,000 for his second straight electrifying performance inside the Octagon. If he keeps it up, he’ll certainly be in a good position to up his salary when it comes time to renegotiate.
Courtesy of MMA Weekly:
- Georges St. Pierre: $400,000 ($200k + $200k)
BJ Penn: $125,000
- Lyoto Machida: $120,000 ($60k + $60k)
Thiago Silva: $29,000
- Jon Jones: $14,000 ($7k + $7k)
Stephan Bonnar: $22,000
- Karo Parisyan: $80,000 ($40k + $40k)
Dong Hyun Kim: $26,000
- Clay Guida: $40,000 ($20k + $20k)
Nate Diaz: $20,000
- Jon Fitch: $68,000 ($34k + $34k)
Akihiro Gono: $28,000
- Thiago Tavares: $26,000 ($13k + $13k)
Manny Gamburyan: $14,000
- John Howard: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Chris Wilson: $15,000
- Dan Cramer: $16,000 ($8 + $8k)
Matt Arroyo: $8,000
$65,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Lyoto Machida
- Submission of the night – N/A
- Fight of the night – Clay Guida and Nate Diaz & John Howard and Chris Wilson
A disclosed total of $1,382,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.