The Strikeforce “Shamrock vs Diaz” weigh-ins took place earlier today at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.
All fighters weight with the exception of Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos, who in very Gina-esque fashion missed weight by a mile. Six pounds to be exact clocking in at 152lbs with a limit of 146lbs. Here’s the part that could very well suck. Cyborg has until 11PM ET to shed 2.5lbs to get down to 149.5, otherwise the bout will be canceled by the CSAC. We’ll let you know what happens.
Update: Good news and bad news. Good news is Cyborg reweighed in at 150lbs and the commission decided to continue. The bad news is her opponent is declining the fight at least according to Five Oz. If the bout does happen, Cyborg will forfeit 20% of her purse, 10% Akano and 10% to the CSAC. Also, I missed this before, but Brandon Michaels missed weight by 1.5lbs, and was given time to cut to 186lbs. No word if he made it. We’ll let you know if the Cyborg fight does indeed get called off.
Update II: Cyborg-Akano is still on.
- Nick Diaz (180) vs. Frank Shamrock (180)
- Rodrigo Damm (154.5) vs. Gilbert Melendez (154)
- Benji Radach (184) vs. Scott Smith (184)
- Hitomi Akano (143.5) vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos (
- Ron “Abongo” Humphrey (239.5) vs. Brett Rogers (262.5)
- Buck Meredith (185) vs. Luke Rockhold (186)
- Waylon Kennell (185.5) vs. Eric Lawson (186)
- Raul Castillo (183) vs. Brandon Michaels (187.5)
- Zak Bucia (170) vs. James Terry (170)
- Shingo Kohara (136) vs. Jeremy Tavares (134.5)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
Strikeforce “Shamrock vs Diaz” will take place tomorrow, April 11, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California and will air on Showtime at 10PM ET/PT.
Image courtesy of CombatLifestyle.com