The CSAC has released the fighter payouts for Strikeforce “Shamrock vs Diaz.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Despite his one-sided loss, Frank Shamrock was easily the night’s big money winner taking home $369,790, which accounted for more than half of entire show’s payroll. His opponent, Nick Diaz, earned approximately $40k for beating down Shamrock. Scott Smith, Gilbert Melendez and Brett Rogers each earned approximately $50k, $50k and $40k, respectively.
Also, here’s another reason why Hitomi Akano shouldn’t have fought Cyborg last Saturday night. She only made $1,450 for fighting her much larger opponent. I seriously hope that figure represents her pay before the whole weight fiasco. Anything under $10,000 just wouldn’t be right in my opinion.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Nick Diaz: $39,950 ($29,950 + $10,000 win bonus)
Frank Shamrock: $369,790
- Gilbert Melendez: $49,890 (no win bonus)
Rodrigo Damm: $9,190
- Scott Smith: $49,940 ($24,940 + $25,000 win bonus)
Benji Radach: $16,940
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos: $18,000 ($8,000 + $10,000 win bonus)
Hitomi Akano: $1,450
- Brett Rogers: $39,940 ($19,940 + $20,000 win bonus)
Ron “Abongo” Humphrey: $3,205
- Luke Rockhold: $6,000 ($3,000 + $3,000 win bonus)
Buck Meredith: $1,540
- Eric Lawson: $9,950 ($7,950 + $2,000 win bonus)
Waylon Kennell: $1,950
- Raul Castillo: $7,890 ($4,390 + $3,500 win bonus)
Brandon Michaels: $1,500
- James Terry: $3,940 ($1,940 + $2,000 win bonus)
Zak Bucia: $1,500
- Shingo Kohara: $940 (no win bonus)
Jeremy Tavares: $940
A disclosed total of $634,415, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.