The UFC 97 weigh-ins took place earlier today at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada.
All fighters made weight with the exception of David Bielkheden who came in one pound over. We’re assuming he’ll be given at least an hour to drop the weight. Nothing terribly exciting happened to speak of, although Anderson Silva did come in rather light at 182lbs. He also nearly backed Leites off the stage when they did the staredown.
The weigh-in results:
- Anderson Silva (182) vs. Thales Leites (185)
- Chuck Liddell (206) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (206)
- Krzysztof Soszynski (204) vs. Brian Stann (206)
- Cheick Kongo (232) vs. Antoni Hardonk (249)
- Luis Cane (206) vs. Steve Cantwell (205)
- Vinicius Magalhaes (204) vs. Eliot Marshall (205)
- Xavier Foupa-Pokam (185) vs. Denis Kang (185)
- Jason MacDonald (186) vs. Nate Quarry (186)
- Ed Herman (186) vs. David Loiseau (185)
- David Bielkheden (157) vs. Mark Bocek (154)
- Ryo Chonan (171) vs. T.J. Grant (169)
- Sam Stout (155) vs. Matt Wiman (155)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 97 “Redemption” will take place tomorrow, April 18, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada and will air live on pay-per-view at 10PM ET/7PM PT.
Images courtesy of CombatLifestyle.com