The WEC 42 weigh-ins took place earlier today at Body English in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
All fighters made weight with the exception of Marcus Hicks who came in three pounds over the 156 lbs. weight limit. His opponent, Shane Roller, agreed to fight him at a catchweight of 159 lbs.
The weigh-in results:
- Champ Miguel Torres (134) vs. Brian Bowles (134)
- Joseph Benavidez (135) vs. Dominick Cruz (135)
- Danny Castillo (156) vs. Ricardo Lamas (155)
- Jeff Curran (136) vs. Takeya Mizugaki (135)
- Leonard Garcia (145) vs. Jameel Massouh (146)
- Fredson Paixao (145) vs. Cole Province (146)
- Marcus Hicks (159) vs. Shane Roller (156)
- Phil Cardella (155) vs. Ed Ratcliff (155)
- John Hosman (135) vs. Rani Yayha (136)
- Rafael Dias (145) vs. Diego Nunes (145)
- L.C. Davis (145) vs. Javier Vazquez (146)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
WEC 42 will take place tomorrow, August 9, at the Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada and will air live on Versus at 9PM ET.