The Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg” weigh-ins took place earlier this evening at the Marriot Hotel in San Jose, California.
Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. Gina Carano and Cyborg Santos both made weight, so they’re good to go for the title tomorrow. All other fighters made weight with the exception of Jesse Taylor who was given one hour to drop one pound to make the non-title fight welterweight limit of 171 lbs. Update: Jesse Taylor made weight on his second try.
The weigh-in results:
- Gina Carano (143) vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos (144.5)
- Renato “Babalu” Sobral (201) vs. Gegard Mousasi (204)
- Gilbert Melendez (155) vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (155)
- Jay Hieron (169) vs. Jesse Taylor (169.5)
- Mike Kyle (219) vs. Fabricio Werdum (228)
- Mike Cook (205) vs. Scott Lighty (205)
- David “Tarzan” Douglas (156) vs. Justin Wilcox (154)
- Zak Bucia (170) vs. James Terry (169)
- Isaiah Hill (156) vs. Alex Trevino (156)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg” will take place tomorrow, August 15, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California and will air on Showtime at 10:30PM ET/PT.
Images via Showtime Sports