The UFC 103 weigh-ins took place earlier today at the Dallas Convention Center Arena in Dallas, Texas.
Most fighters made weight. The two exceptions were Vitor Belfort and Efrain Escudero. Vitor weighed 197.5 when he first hit the scale. After he took off his shorts, his wedding ring and eventually his underwear, Vitor got down to 196.25, a quarter pound over. Efrain Escudero came in at 157, a pound over the 156 lbs. weight limit. Both will be given time to drop the weight. Also, the Griffin-Franca has apparently been agreed to at a catchweight of 159 lbs. Franca came in at 159 while Griffin weighed 155.5, so it looks like Franca may have had a little trouble cutting weight.
Update: According to Sherdog, Vitor Belfort made 196 on his fourth attempt and Efrain Escudero hit 156 on his second try. Both fights are good to go. MMA Weekly says Hermes Franca will forfeit a portion of his purse to Griffin in exchange for the 159 lbs. catchweight.
The weigh-in results:
- Rich Franklin (195) vs. Vitor Belfort (196)
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic (226) vs. Junior dos Santos (236)
- Martin Kampmann (169.5) vs. Paul Daley (170)
- Josh Koscheck (170) vs. Frank Trigg (170.25)
- Hermes Franca (159) vs. Tyson Griffin (155.5)
- Efrain Escudero (156) vs. Cole Miller (155)
- Tomasz Drwal (185) vs. Drew McFedries (185.25)
- Steve Lopez (154.5) vs. Jim Miller (154.5)
- Nik Lentz (155) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (155.25)
- Brian Foster (170.75) vs. Rick Story (170)
- Jason Brilz (205.25) vs. Eliot Marshall (204.75)
- Vladimir Matyushenko (205) vs. Igor Pokrajac (203)
- Rafael dos Anjos (155.5) vs. Rob Emerson (155.5)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 103 “Franklin vs Belfort” will take place tomorrow, September 19, at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas and will air live on pay-per-view at 10PM ET/7PM PT.
More UFC 103 weigh-in pics at CombatLifestyle.com