The DREAM.11 fight videos are in the playlist above. Results and recap after the jump.
In the semi-finals of the Super Hulk tournament, Sokoudjou avoided a few Sapp bombs in the opening seconds before putting him on his back where Sok worked his ground n’ pound until the ref stopped the fight. Minowaman looked like a small child next to Hong Man Choi. It didn’t appear like he was going to be able to do anything against the Korean giant, but somehow he was about to put HMC on his back and submit him with a heel hook. The Japanese crowd went insane.
Sakuraba faced pro boxer Ruben Williams who looked like a fish out of water the entire fight. Sakuraba took him down relatively early and got the easy submission. Nice to see him not get his head beaten in for a change. Can he please retire now? Tatsuya Kawajiri added another “W” to his record with a ground n’ pound stoppage of Melchor “Barracuda” Manibusan. In the DREAM Lightweight Championship fight, Joachim Hansen fought from his back for the most of the fight and appeared to actually be winning, until a series of upkicks, one of which hit Aoki in the groin, halted the action for several moments. After it was restarted, Aoki was eventually able to submit Hansen with an armbar to become the DREAM Lightweight Champion.
In the finals of the Featherweight Grand Prix, Hiroyuki Takaya advanced to the final match by defeating Hideo Tokoro by TKO in the second round. Bibiano Fernandes made quick work of unlikely semi-finalist Joe Warren submitting him with an armbar early in the fight, though Warren never actually tapped. Bibiano and Takaya met in the finals and fought an exciting back and forth battle. The judges ultimately gave Bibiano the split decision making him the DREAM 2009 Featherweight Grand Prix Champion.
- Bibiano Fernandes defeats Hiroyuki Takaya via Split Decision
- Shinya Aoki defeats Joachim Hansen via Submission (Armbar) in Round Two
- Kazushi Sakuraba defeats Rubin Williams via Submission (Kimura) in Round One
- Tatsuya Kawajiri defeats Melchor Manibusan via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou defeats Bob Sapp via TKO (Punches) in Round One
- Ikuhisa Minowa defeats Hong Man Choi via Submission (Heel Hook) in Round Two
- Bibiano Fernandes defeats Joe Warren via Submission (Armbar) in Round One
- Hiroyuki Takaya defeats Hideo Tokoro via TKO (Punches) in Round Two
- Kazuyuki Miyata defeats Daiki Hata via Unanimous Decision