The UFC 104 weigh-ins took place earlier today at the L.A. Live Event Deck in Los Angeles, California.
Both Gleison Tibau and Josh Neer missed weight for their lightweight fight. Rather than cut the pound and half-pound they needed to make 156, respectively, they agreed to fight at their current weight. Neither were anywhere as bad as Anthony Johnson though. He came in a full five pounds over the 171 limit. Word was Johnson weighed over 200 lbs. at the beginning of his training camp, meaning he needed to drop 30+ lbs. He didn’t even come close. Johnson was visibly exhausted and fatigued from the weight cut, and couldn’t drop anymore so Yoshida agreed to fight him at 176. Also notable was the champ, Lyoto Machida, coming in light at 202.5 lbs. Oh, and by the way, contrary to what Monte Cox said, Ben Rothwell didn’t look much different than he normally does, maybe a little slimmer in the face. Got him a nice sponsor though. Check out his shorts above…haha.
The weigh-in results:
- Lyoto Machida (202.5) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (204.5)
- Cain Velasquez (238) vs. Ben Rothwell (265)
- Joe Stevenson (155.5) vs. Spencer Fisher (155)
- Anthony Johnson (176) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (170)
- Gleison Tibau (157) vs. Josh Neer (156.5)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Eric Schafer (205.5)
- Patrick Barry (237) vs. Antoni Hardonk (249.5)
- Yushin Okami (185) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
- Jorge Rivera (185) vs. Rob Kimmons (185)
- Razak Al-Hassan (204.5) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (205.5)
- Stefan Struve (243.5) vs. Chase Gormley (262)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 104 “Machida vs Shogun” will take place tomorrow, October 24, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California and will air live on pay-per-view at 10PM ET/7PM PT.
More UFC 104 weigh-in pics at CombatLifestyle.com