The CSAC has released the fighter payouts for UFC 104. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing, or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Lyoto Machida took home the largest paycheck at UFC 104, earning $200,000, but didn’t receive a win bonus for a victory most people feel he didn’t deserve. His opponent, Shogun Rua, wasn’t too far behind taking home $155,000. I didn’t see any mention anywhere of him missing out on a win bonus, but it’s entirely possible. Pat Barry got very emotional immediately following his win over Antoni Hardonk, but he probably would have shed even more tears of joy if he would have known then he had boosted his meager $14,000 payday to $134,000 by earning the Knockout and Fight of the Night $60,000 bonuses. Stefan Struve also boosted his pay substantially from $14,000 to $74,000 by earning Submission of the Night honors. Dana White confirmed at the post-fight press conference that Anthony Johnson missed out on the Knockout of the Night bonus because he missed weight (that’s $10k for each pound he was over), but it was also reported that he would have to forfeit 20% of his pay to his opponent, Yoshiyuki Yoshida. However, that fine was not reflected in the paperwork the CSAC released.
Courtesy of Sherdog:
- Lyoto Machida: $200,000 (No win bonus)
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua: $155,000
- Cain Velasquez: $70,000 ($35k + $35k win bonus)
Ben Rothwell: $50,000
- Gleison Tibau: $38,000 ($19k + $19k)
Josh Neer: $14,000
- Joe Stevenson: $94,000 ($47k + $47k)
Spencer Fisher: $26,000
- Anthony Johnson: $30,000 ($15k + $15k)
Yoshiyuki Yoshida: $12,000
- Patrick Barry: $14,000 ($7k + $7k)
Antoni Hardonk: $16,000
- Chael Sonnen: $54,000 ($27k + $27k)
Yushin Okami: $18,000
- Jorge Rivera: $36,000 ($18k + $18k)
Rob Kimmons: $9,000
- Ryan Bader: $30,000 ($15k + $15k)
Eric Schafer: $13,000
- Kyle Kingsbury: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Razak Al-Hassan: $3,000
- Stefan Struve: $14,000 ($7k + $7k)
Chase Gormley: $ 10,000
$60,000 bonus to each fighter.
- Knockout of the Night – Pat Barry
- Submission of the Night – Stefan Struve
- Fight of the Night – Pat Barry & Antoni Hardonk
A disclosed total of $1,162,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.