The NSAC has released the fighter payouts for WEC 44 “Brown vs Aldo.” Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional undisclosed bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
As usual, the numbers are disheartening, especially when you see what newcomers Kamal Shalorus, Will Kerr and Karen Darabedyan got paid to fight on TV. Now former champ Mike Brown only collected $15,000 for losing his belt, while new champ Jose Aldo tied with Manny Gamburyan for the highest payday of the night earning $36,000 ($26k for win + $10k KO bonus).
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Jose Aldo: $26,000 ($13k + $13k win bonus)
Mike Brown: $15,000
- Manny Gamburyan: $36,000 ($18k + $18k)
Leonard Garcia: $14,000
- Karen Darabedyan: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Rob McCullough: $20,000
- Shane Roller: $24,000 ($12k + $12k)
Danny Castillo: $9,500
- Kamal Shalorus: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Will Kerr: $2,000
- L.C Davis: $14,000 ($7k + $7k)
Diego Nunes: $5,000
- Cub Swanson: $18,000 ($9k + $9k)
John Franchi: $4,000
- Antonio Banuelos: $12,000 ($6k + $6k)
Kenji Osawa: $6,000
- Ricardo Lamas: $8,000 ($4k + $4k)
James Krause: $2,000
- Frank Gomez: $6,000 ($3k + $3k)
Seth Dikun: $3,000
$10,000 bonus to each fighter.
- KO of the night – Jose Aldo
- Submission of the night – Shane Roller
- Fight of the night – Cub Swanson & John Franchi
A disclosed total of $276,500, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.