The Strikeforce “Evolution” weigh-ins took place earlier this evening at the San Jose Marriot in San Jose, California.
All fighters on the televised card made weight, but no one made an impression quite like King Mo who was escorted to the scale by an attractive young woman holding a Burberry umbrella over his head. David Douglas missed his 156 lbs target by a pound and a half.
Update: David Douglas made weight on his second attempt.
The weigh-in results:
- Cung Le (184) vs. Scott Smith (185.5)
- Josh Thomson (153) vs. Gilbert Melendez (154)
- Matt Lindland (185.25) vs. Ronald “Jacare” Souza (185.5)
- Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (218.5) vs. Mike Whitehead (261.5)
- Antwain Britt (205.5) vs. Scott Lighty (203)
- Daisuke Nakamura (154.5) vs. Justin Wilcox (155.5)
- Bobby Stack (153.75) vs. David Douglas (156)
- Alex Crispim (145.5) vs. A.J. Fonseca (143.25)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
Strikeforce “Evolution” will take place tomorrow, December 19, at HP Pavilion in San Jose, California and will air on Showtime at 10PM ET/PT.