The Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation has released the fighter payouts for UFC Fight Night 20. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing, or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Even with others fighters receiving $30,000 bonuses, undercard fighter Chris Leben earned the biggest check in Virginia on Monday night pocketing $60,000. Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz, Evan Dunham, Aaron Simpson, Tom Lawlor and Gerald Harris were all close behind though earning anywhere from $40,000 to $52,000.
Courtesy of Sherdog:
- Gray Maynard: $40,000 ($20k + $20k win bonus)
Nate Diaz: $48,000
- Evan Dunham: $18,000 ($9k + $9k)
Efrain Escudero: $15,000
- Aaron Simpson: $22,000 ($11k + $11k)
Tom Lawlor: $10,000
- Amir Sadollah: $30,000 ($15k + $15k)
Brad Blackburn: $13,000
- Chris Leben: $60,000 ($30k + $30k)
Jay Silva: $6,000
- Rick Story: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Jesse Lennox: $7,000
- Nik Lentz: $7,000 (draw)
Thiago Tavares: $15,000 (draw)
- Rafael dos Anjos: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Kyle Bradley: $8,000
- Gerald Harris: $12,000 ($6k + $6k)
John Salter: $6,000
- Nick Catone: $14,000 ($7k + $7k)
Jesse Forbes: $6,000
$30,000 bonus to each fighter.
- Knockout of the Night – Gerald Harris
- Submission of the Night – Evan Dunham
- Fight of the Night – Aaron Simpson & Tom Lawlor
A disclosed total of $483,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.