The NSAC has released the fighter payouts for UFC 109. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional “locker room” bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing, or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Randy Couture led the pack with $250,000. He didn’t receive a win bonus, but it’s pretty well-known that he receives a cut of the pay-per-view revenue. Matt Serra wasn’t too far behind taking home a total of $210,000 with his win and knockout bonuses. Also, Chael Sonnen and Nate Marquardt broke into the six-figures with their bonuses.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Randy Couture: $250,000 (no win bonus)
Mark Coleman: $60,000
- Chael Sonnen: $64,000 ($32k + $32k win bonus)
Nate Marquardt: $45,000
- Paulo Thiago: $30,000 ($15k + $15k)
Mike Swick: $43,000
- Demian Maia: $62,000 ($31k + $31k)
Dan Miller: $15,000
- Matt Serra: $150,000 ($75k + $75k)
Frank Trigg: $30,000
- Mac Danzig: $40,000 ($20k + $20k)
Justin Buchholz: $8,000
- Melvin Guillard: $28,000 ($14k + $14k)
Ronys Torres: $4,000
- Rob Emerson: $24,000 ($12k + $12k)
Phillipe Nover: $10,000
- Phil Davis: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Brian Stann: $17,000
- Chris Tuchscherer: $20,000 ($10k + $10k)
Tim Hague: $7000
- Joey Beltran: $12,000 ($6k + $6k)
Rolles Gracie: $15,000
$60,000 bonus to each fighter.
- Knockout of the Night – Matt Serra
- Submission of the Night – Paulo Thiago
- Fight of the Night – Chael Sonnen & Nate Marquardt
A disclosed total of $1,184,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.