The Strikeforce “Heavy Artillery” weigh-ins took place earlier today at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Alistair Overeem came in at 253 lbs. For those wondering, Overeem weighed in at 253 lbs. when he fought James Thompson at DREAM.12 last year and 260 lbs. when he fought Kazuyuki Fujita at Dynamite!! 2009 on NYE. In other words, he didn’t drop any significant weight to fight in the US.
It appears Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza was the only main card fighter who missed weight, but it was only by a half pound.
Ariel Helwani’s twitter feed has some pics to hold you over until I post the others later.
- Alistair Overeem (253) vs. Brett Rogers (264)
- Andrei Arlovski (242) vs. Antonio Silva (265.5)
- Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (186.5) vs. Joey Villasenor (186)
- Roger Gracie (205.75) vs. Kevin Randleman (205)
- Antwain Britt (204.5) vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (206)
- Justin DeMoney (169) vs. Jesse Finney (172)
- Lyle Beerbohm (156) vs. Vitor Ribeiro (156)
- Darryl Cobb (184) vs. Booker DeRousse (187)
- Mike Chandler (170) vs. Sal Woods (170)
- Lee Brousseau (204) vs. Fransisco France (206)
- Tom Aaron (157.5) vs. Erik Steenberg (155)
- Matt Ricehouse (156) vs. Greg Wilson (155)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
Strikeforce “Heavy Artillery” will take place tomorrow, May 15, at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri and will air live (tape delayed on West coast) on Showtime at 10PM ET/PT.
More Strikeforce “Nashville” images at CombatLifestyle.com.