Strikeforce Challengers 8 took place earlier this evening at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.
40-year old Matt Lindland proved he has a little gas left in the tank by shutting down Kevin Casey in the main event. Lindland survived an early scare in the form of a rear-naked choke, but once he escaped he managed to turn the tide and take control of the fight. The ref eventually stopped the fight late in the third round as Lindland battered Casey with strikes from the top.
Welterweight up-and-comer Tyron Woodley had a tougher time with Nathan Coy than he probably liked. Woodley started off strong, but faded as the fight wore on. He squeaked by with a split decision in a close fight.
You can check out a full recap over at MMA Junkie. Results after the jump.
- Matt Lindland defeats Kevin Casey via TKO (Strikes) in Round Three
- Tyron Woodley defeats Nathan Coy via Split Decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Roger Bowling defeats Bobby Voelker via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tarec Saffiedine defeats Nate Moore via Knockout in Round Two
- Pat Healy defeats Bryan Travers via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)