An inaugural Israel FC event called “Genesis” was held earlier today in Tel-Aviv and featured several notable fighters on the card. Jeff Monson, Ricco Rodriguez, Frank Trigg and Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou all picked up wins at the event.
UFC lightweight vet Hermes Franca didn’t fare so well. He dropped an unanimous decision to Moishe Kaitz in what was primarily a grappling match.
Also of note, Shonie Carter, who infamously got drunk in LA, boarded a random private jet and woke up in Turkey without a passport and a ride home, lost a decision to a local 1-0 fighter. After the fight, he announced his possible retirement.
“You may all have just witnessed my retirement, but it has been my pleasure to give this world, all of me.”
Carter has fought professionally 82 times amassing a record of 49-26-7. Retirement is probably a good idea.
Results after the jump.
- Ricco Rodriguez defeats Daniel Tabera via Unanimous Decision
- Frank Trigg defeats Roy Neeman via TKO (Strikes) in Round One
- Moishe Kaitz defeats Hermes Franca via Unanimous Decision
- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou defeats Valdas Pocevicius via Unanimous Decision
- Daniel Gracie defeats Martin Wojcik via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round One
- Jeremy Knafo defeats Shonie Carter via Unanimous Decision
- Alexandro Ceconi defeats Vitaly Shemetov via Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round One
- Thiago Meller defeats Ariel Abergel via Submission (Armbar) in Round One
- Vitali Karberski defeats Serob Minasyan via Unanimous Decision
- Ido Pariente defeats Joshua Hewlett via Submission (Armbar) in Round One
- Roy Peretz defeats Fabrice Riconneau via Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round One