The UFC 123 weigh-ins took place this afternoon at the The Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit, Michigan.
Pretty interesting staredown between Rampage Jackson and Lyoto Machida. I don’t know if it was just for show, but an intense Rampage kept creeping closer and closer to Machida to the point Dana White had to step in between them to break it up. Machida looked defensive, but reached around Dana and offered to shake Quinton’s hand, which he obliged. Moments later, Rampage told Joe Rogan he has nothing but respect for Machida and wants to give the fans a good show.
Oddly enough, everyone on the card weighed in at the exact same weight as their opponents, including Matt Hughes and BJ Penn who came in a pound under. I’m not sure if Michigan doesn’t allow the one extra pound in non-title fights like other commissions do, but not one fighter weighed a pound over his contracted weight. That’s pretty unusual.
The weigh-in results:
- Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (205)
- B.J. Penn (169) vs. Matt Hughes (169)
- Joe Lauzon (155) vs. George Sotiropoulos (155)
- Phil Davis (205) vs. Tim Boetsch (205)
- Gerald Harris (185) vs. Maiquel Falcao (185)
- Matt Brown (170) vs. Brian Foster (170)
- Mark Munoz (185) vs. Aaron Simpson (185)
- Karo Parisyan (170) vs. Dennis Hallman (170)
- Edson Barboza (155) vs. Mike Lullo (155)
- Paul Kelly (155) vs. T.J. O’Brien (155)
- Tyson Griffin (155) vs. Nik Lentz (155)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 123 “Rampage vs. Machida” takes place tomorrow, Nov. 20, at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit, Michigan and will air live on pay-per-view at 10PM ET/7PM PT.