It looks like there was a little drama at the BAMMA 5 weigh-ins earlier today. Both Paul Daley and Ricco Rodriguez both missed weight, but it wasn’t necessarily all their fault. Apparently, the fighter hotel cut off the sauna while all fighters were cutting weight.
Venue issues hampered an otherwise smooth running BAMMA weigh-in process when the fighter hotel managed to switch off the sauna, forcing a mass exodus of depleted fighters to a new venue to continue with their cuts.
Daley ended up missing his championship bout target of 170 lbs. by 0.4 lbs. while Ricco Rodriguez missed his 215 lbs. catchweight target by 2 lbs. It appears their fights will still happen — their managers are working out purse penalties — but the Paul Daley vs. Yuya Shirai bout will now be a non-title affair.
- Paul Daley (170.4) vs. Yuya Shirai (169.6)
- Ricco Rodriguez (217) vs. James McSweeney (214.6)
- Alex Makhonin (182.6) vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam (185.4)
- Claudio Henrique Da Silva (186.5) vs. Jean-Francois Lenogue (185)
- Leeroy Barnes (170.6) vs. Mohsen Bahari (169.6)
- Rob Mills (170.2) vs. Leigh Cohoon (169)
- Jason Ball (155.8) vs. Peter Duncan (152.4)
- Paul Cook (170) vs. Michael Johnson (170.6)
- Tim Newman (155.2) vs. Diego Vital (155)
- Costas Doru (155.2) vs. Liam James (155.4)
- Franky Slater (154.4) vs. Jeremy Petley (155.8)
BAMMA 5 takes place tomorrow, Feb. 26, at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, England air will live on online pay-per-view at 4PM ET.
More Bamma 5 weigh-in pics at MMA Weekly