The M-1 Challenge 26 “Bennett vs. Garner” weigh-ins took place earlier yesterday at Hooters in Costa Mesa, California.
All fighters made weight.
The main event features a rematch between Pat Bennett and Kenny Garner. Garner defeated Bennett in their first meeting via TKO in the first round, and Bennett is looking for a little payback.
“I want it bad. I feel lucky to get rematch and the opportunity to get this one back. He’s the type of dude that if you give him an inch, he’ll take a mile… Deep down, I think he knows I’m a much better fighter than I showed in our last fight. Every heavyweight has knockout power – that’s just a fact of being a heavyweight. It doesn’t matter who you’re fighting, you just have to keep your hands up.”
Meanwhile, Garner plans to prove that the first beatdown he gave Bennett wasn’t a fluke.
“You know I beat people’s brains out? The must mean I left some last time that I need to take care of… As soon as I connect, start counting. I’ll end the fight in six punches.”
- Pat Bennett (240) vs. Kenny Garner (256.6)
- Arthur Guseinov (183.4) vs. Tyson Jeffries (184.8)
- Josh Bacallao (154) vs. Mairbek Taisumov (155)
- Beau Baker (156) vs. Daniel Weichel (155.5)
- Eddie Arizmendi (186) vs. Jason Norwood (184.6)
- Georgi Karakhanyan (n/a) vs. Randy Spence (n/a)
- Richard Schiller (n/a) vs. Mark Vorgeas (n/a)
- Mike Derobers (n/a) vs. Max Martyniouk (n/a)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
M-1 Challenge 26 “Bennett vs. Garner” will take place tonight, July 8, at the The Hangar in Costa Mesa, California and will air live (tape delayed on West coast) on Showtime at 11pm ET/PT.