The VAC has finally released the fighter salaries for UFC 131. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional undisclosed discretionary bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
Junior dos Santos led the pack with a whopping $200,000 payday. It more than doubles his $40,000/$40,000 purse at UFC 117, but it’s unclear if this will be his pay moving forward or if it was a one-fight deal based on his TUF 13 coaching stint and original match-up with Brock Lesnar. Kenny Florian was second in line with $130,000. Sam Stout and Dave Herman also broke the six-figure mark with their KO and submission bonuses.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Junior dos Santos: $200,000 ($100k + $100k win bonus)
Shane Carwin: $40,000
- Kenny Florian: $130,000 ($65k + $65k)
Diego Nunes: $12,000
- Mark Munoz: $60,000 ($30k + $30k)
Demian Maia: $43,000
- Dave Herman: $36,000 ($18k + $18k)
Jon Olav Einemo: $15,000
- Donald Cerrone: $40,000 ($20k + $20k)
Vagner Rocha: $6,000
- Sam Stout: $38,000 ($19k + $19k)
Yves Edwards: $12,000
- Chris Weidman: $20,000 ($10k + $10k)
Jesse Bongfeldt: $6,000
- Krzysztof Soszynski: $24,000 ($12k + $12k)
Mike Massenzio: $8,000
- Nick Ring: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
James Head: $6,000
- Dustin Poirier: $10,000 ($5k + $5k)
Jason Young: $6,000
- Joey Beltran: $24,000 ($12k + $12k)
Aaron Rosa: $6,000
- Darren Elkins: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Michihiro Omigawa: $8,000
$70,000 bonus to each fighter.
- Knockout of the Night – Sam Stout
- Submission of the Night – Chris Weidman
- Fight of the Night – Jon Olav Einemo & Dave Herman
A disclosed total of $1,062,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.