Strikeforce’s upcoming September card that is expected to feature Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza’s title defense against Luke Rockhold along with a handful of other bouts appears to be getting two monumental additions to the card. MMA Junkie is hearing that the Sept. 10 card will also feature the semi-finals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix.
Multiple sources close to the promotion on Thursday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that an event set for Sept. 10 will host the third leg of the grand prix.
A host city has yet to be confirmed at the time of this writing.
Nothing is official yet, but if all the rumored match-ups go down as expected the card will look like this.
- HWGP Semi-Final: Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
- HWGP Semi-Final: Josh Barnett vs. Sergei Kharitonov
- MW Championship: Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Luke Rockhold
- King Mo Lawal vs. Roger Gracie
- Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle
- Josh Thomson vs. Maximo Blanco
That’s a heck of a card.