The UFC 135 weigh-ins took place this afternoon at the Wells Fargo Theater at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado.
All fighters made weight. Surprisingly, most of the fireworks happened on the undercard. Must be something in the water up there in Denver because it seemed like everyone wanted to get in each other’s face for the staredown. Heck, Junior Assuncao pretty much charged Eddie Yagin, forcing Dana White to immediately step in and separate them. Then Nick Ring gives Tim Boetsch a mini-headbutt, once again forcing Dana to break it up. Nate Diaz of course invaded Takanori Gomi’s space with a little Stockton mean-muggin’. Ben Rothwell tried to coax an uninterested Mark Hunt into a staredown, but the K-1 vet didn’t seem to notice. Funny enough, Josh Koscheck was one of the most respectful on stage today as he stood in front of Matt Hughes.
Then of course came Jon Jones and Rampage Jackson. With the way things have been going it wouldn’t been surprising to see a shoving match break out between them, but they kept it pretty civil. After shaking hands, Rampage actually coaxed Jones into looking him straight in the eye, something Jones never does with his opponents, before promising he would knock him out tomorrow.
And yes, the Denver crowd booed the hell out of Jon Jones.
The weigh-in results:
- Jon Jones (204.5) vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (204)
- Josh Koscheck (170.5) vs. Matt Hughes (170)
- Ben Rothwell (263) vs. Mark Hunt (261)
- Travis Browne (255) vs. Rob Broughton (261)
- Nate Diaz (156) vs. Takanori Gomi (155)
- Aaron Riley (155) vs. Tony Ferguson (155)
- Tim Boetsch (186) vs. Nick Ring (185)
- Junior Assuncao (145) vs. Eddie Yagin (145)
- Cole Escovedo (135) vs. Takeya Mizugaki (135)
- Ricardo Romero (205) vs. James Te Huna (205)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 135 “Jones vs. Rampage” will take place tomorrow, Sept. 24, at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado and will air live on pay-per-view at 9pm ET/6pm PT. The pay-per-view will be preceded by prelim specials on Spike TV at 8pm ET/5pm PT and Facebook at 6pm ET/3pm PT.