The UFC 139 weigh-ins took place earlier this evening at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.
Shamar Bailey, Miguel Torres and Nick Pace all missed weight, however there seemed to either be technical difficulties with the scale or with the person operating it. Joe Rogan said they all made weight on the scale backstage, so this one might be off, however everyone else on the card made weight during the official weigh-ins, so who knows. We’ll update this post when things get sorted out.
Update: It seems the scale was working correctly because Nick Pace and Shamar Bailey are still off weight and will be fined 20% of their purses. Miguel Torres however managed to make 136.
The highlight of the weigh-ins was Tom Lawlor. Keeping with his tradition of impersonating famous martial artists and fighters, Lawlor came out as Steven Seagal and even did a front kick. Funny stuff.
The weigh-in results:
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (205) vs. Dan Henderson (203)
- Wanderlei Silva (185) vs. Cung Le (185)
- Urijah Faber (136) vs. Brian Bowles (136)
- Martin Kampmann (170.5) vs. Rick Story (170.5)
- Stephan Bonnar (205) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (205)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Jason Brilz (204)
- Michael McDonald (136) vs. Alex Soto (135)
- Tom Lawlor (185) vs. Chris Weidman (185.5)
- Nick Pace (141) vs. Miguel Torres (137)
- Rafael dos Anjos (155.5) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
- Seth Baczynski (171) vs. Matt Brown (171)
- Shamar Bailey (158) vs. Danny Castillo (155)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 139 “Shogun vs. Henderson” will take place tomorrow, Nov. 19, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California and will air live on pay-per-view at 9pm ET/6pm PT.
Pics and video via the UFC