The CSAC has released the fighter salaries for UFC 139. Keep in mind, these figures represent the base contracted pay the fighter receives from the promotion. These figures do not include any additional undisclosed discretionary bonuses, pay-per-view revenue sharing bonuses or sponsorship money, which in many cases exceeds a fighter’s base pay. These numbers also do not account for taxes, insurance, and license fees.
It wasn’t Dan Henderson, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua or Wanderlei Silva who made the biggest disclosed paydays at UFC 139. It was Cung Le who pulled $420,000 (after his FOTN bonus) for being the first fighter in the UFC to get up close and personal with The Axe Murderer’s patented Muay Thai knee strikes. Notice I said “disclosed” payout though. While it’s unknown if Hendo, Shogun and/or Wand are on the UFC’s pay-per-view revenue sharing program, it’s certainly possible given their standing in the sport. If not though, all three fighters still made out well with respective $320,000, $235,000 and $270,000 disclosed payouts with their FOTN bonuses factored in. Urijah Faber also broke the six-figure mark with a $134,000 disclosed payout with his submission bonus.
Courtesy of MMA Junkie:
- Dan Henderson: $250,000 (no win bonus)
Mauricio Rua: $165,000
- Wanderlei Silva: $200,000 (no win bonus)
Cung Le: $350,000
- Urijah Faber: $64,000 ($32k + $32k)
Brian Bowles: $19,000
- Martin Kampmann: $58,000 ($29k + $29k)
Rick Story: $19,000
- Stephan Bonnar: $68,000 ($34k + $34k)
Kyle Kingsbury: $10,000
- Ryan Bader: $48,000 ($24k + $24k)
Jason Brilz: $13,000
- Michael McDonald: $14,000 ($7k + $7k)
Alex Soto: $6,000
- Chris Weidman: $24,000 ($12k + $12k)
Tom Lawlor: $12,000
- Gleison Tibau: $34,000 ($17k + $17k)
Rafael Dos Anjos: $16,000
- Miguel Torres: $60,000 ($30k + $30k)
Nick Pace: $4,000
- Seth Baczynski: $16,000 ($8k + $8k)
Matt Brown: $12,000
- Danny Castillo: $34,000 ($17k + $17k)
Shamar Bailey: $8,000
$70,000 bonus to each fighter.
- Knockout of the Night – Michael McDonald
- Submission of the Night – Urijah Faber
- Fight of the Night – Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson and Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le
A disclosed total of $1,924,000, including all bonuses, was paid out to the fighters.