In case you haven’t heard, DREAM isn’t dead. In fact, they’re running another New Year’s Eve event this year and are rumored to run several more in 2012. They also reportedly just finalized a partnership deal with ONE FC that could result in at least one co-promoted event next year, so things are actually looking up for a change.
As for the NYE card, several bouts have already been announced:
- FW Championship: Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi “Lion” Inoue
- Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
- Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato “Mach” Sakurai
- BWGP SF:Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes
- BWGP SF: Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari
While neither have been confirmed by DREAM, Fedor Emelianenko and Shinya Aoki are also expected to compete on the card, according to HDNet’s Inside MMA. Inside MMA didn’t say who their opponents would be but rumor has it that Fedor will take on Satoshi Ishii and Aoki will meet former Sengoku lightweight champion Satoru Kitaoka.
In the tradition of previous NYE shows, the card is also expected to include kickboxing and pro wrestling matches.