The Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” weigh-ins took place earlier this evening at the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego, California.
Jerron Peoples was the only fighter on the card to miss weight, and man, he wasn’t even close. His opponent Roger Bowling, who hit his 170 mark just fine, agreed to a 179 lbs. catchweight just prior to the weigh-ins, but Peoples couldn’t even make that, coming in at 180.5. He was given extra time to cut to 179.
Update: Jerron Peoples failed to make 179 and the fight will now be fought at a 181 lbs. catchweight, much closer to the middleweight limit than the welterweight limit. Peoples was fined 20% of his purse.
- Gilbert Melendez (155) vs. Jorge Masvidal (155)
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos (145) vs. Hiroko Yamanaka (145)
- Gegard Mousasi (206) vs. Ovince St. Preux (206)
- Billy Evangelista (156) vs. K.J. Noons (156)
- Caros Fodor (156) vs. Justin Wilcox (156)
- Roger Bowling (170) vs. Jerron Peoples (180.5)
- Devin Cole (248) vs. Gabriel Salinas-Jones (265)
- Fernando Gonzalez (186) vs. Eddie Mendez (186)
- Chris Brown (170) vs. Herman Terrado (170.5)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
Strikeforce “Melendez vs. Masvidal” will take place tomorrow, Dec. 17, at the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego, California and will air live (tape delayed on West coast) on Showtime at 10:30pm ET/PT.
More Strikeforce weigh-in pics at CombatLifestyle.com