The UFC 141 weigh-ins took place this afternoon at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The big men are definitely fighting tomorrow. Overeem put on even more muscle since he fought Fabricio Werdum coming in at a lean 263 lbs. Meanwhile, Brock Lesnar pushed the limits of the heavyweight cutoff point coming in at a monstrous 266 lbs. Both fighters played to the crowd with their comic book physiques although Brock Lesnar clearly knows how to work a crowd better from his WWE experience.
Nate Diaz was the only fighter on the card to miss weight coming in a pound over the 156 limit. He was given an hour to cut the weight, but Donald Cerrone yelled the equivalent of I don’t give a f***, let him fight! There wasn’t any shoving during the staredown like yesterday, mainly because Dana White positioned himself almost between the two of them, but it was intense. Those two are definitely going to throw down tomorrow.
Update: Nate Diaz made 156.
The weigh-in results:
- Brock Lesnar (266) vs. Alistair Overeem (263)
- Nate Diaz (156) vs. Donald Cerrone (156)
- Jon Fitch (171) vs. Johny Hendricks (170)
- Alexander Gustafsson (203) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205)
- Jim Hettes (145) vs. Nam Phan (146)
- Junior Assuncao (145) vs. Ross Pearson (145)
- Danny Castillo (156) vs. Anthony Njokuani (154)
- Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. Sean Pierson (171)
- Efrain Escudero (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (155)
- Luis Ramos (171) vs. Matt Riddle (170)
- Manny Gamburyan (146) vs. Diego Nunes (145)
Fighters in non-title fights are allowed to weigh in one pound over the weight class limit.
UFC 141 “Lesnar vs. Overeem” will take place tomorrow, Dec. 30, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and will air live on pay-per-view at 10pm ET/7pm PT.