UFC officials revealed on a conference call earlier today that UFC 144’s run time has been extended an additional hour beyond the typical three and will feature seven main card bouts instead of five.
The main card line-up will now consist of:
- Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson
- Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
- Cheick Kongo vs. Mark Hunt
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
- Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami
- Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
- Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis
The start time will remain the same at 10pm ET/7pm PT however, so it’s going to be an especially late night for the East Coast. The UFC didn’t give any reasons for the change nor indicate if a 4-hour run time would become the norm.