We are just days away from UFC 145, as Jon Jones is set to defend his UFC light heavyweight title against No. 1 contender Rashad Evans.
The event goes down this Saturday night on pay-per-view from Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. On Wednesday, the two fighters took part in a pre-fight press conference, with Jon Anik hosting.
Here’s some highlights from the event:
• Evans feels Jones is underestimating him, and believes he’ll be able to take the champion down.
• Evans: “I’m sick of talking about Jon. I’m sick of looking at him. I just want to get in there and fight.”
• Jones compares the fight to a giant counseling session for the two former Jackson MMA teammates.
• Jones: “I have no game plan whatsoever. I know my opponent’s mindset.”
• “Bones” says he will not compete with “Suga” on the dressing front, adding, “(Rashad’s) a wonderful dresser.”
• Jones defends Evans, saying, “He’s always had haters and that’s unfair. Rashad is a good person.”
• In regards to Alexander Gustafsson, Jones says he wants to see him against a good wrestler and a better striker. Adding the only thing the two have in common is they are both tall.