After taking several weeks off in regards to events, the UFC is right back in the swing of things with a pre-fight conference call for UFC on FOX: Diaz vs. Miller Thursday.
The card takes place May 5 from East Rutherford, New Jersey.
In the main event Jim Miller and Nate Diaz will meet in a key lightweight title, while welterweights Josh Koscheck and Johny Hendricks comprise the co-main event. All four fights were on hand for the call Thursday.
Below are some key highlights from the event.
– Koscheck: “There’s a lot riding on this fight for both of us. The winner goes on a nice path towards the title shot.” Koscheck is coming off a pair of victories over Matt Hughes and Mike Pierce.
– Miller, being a native of the area, feels like he will be welcomed with home arms by the New Jersey crowd, saying, “I definitely feed off the energy.”
– Diaz announces that he is expecting a title shot with a win over Miller. He says that is what he has been told.
– Diaz reveals that he trained with Ronda Rousey, among others, for his fight. He says Rousey is pretty good for a girl.
– Hendricks follows Diaz by saying he hopes a title shot will be next for himself with a win over Koscheck.
Photo credit: Dave Mandel/Sherdog