Jim Miller and Nate Diaz will compete in a very important UFC lightweight match Saturday night in the main event of UFC on FOX 3. Along with UFC president Dana White, Miller, Diaz, Josh Koscheck and Johny Hendricks and others all took part in the pre-fight press conference on Thursday.
– White changed his tune in regards to Diaz receiving a title shot with a win, saying he’d have to be on the sidelines for nine months. White added, “We’ll have to wait and see.”
– Koscheck says the fans don’t bother him adding, “Why would I let a bunch of couch potatoes and internet nerds get to me?”
– Diaz says his older brother, Nick, is pretty much his MMA coach and that’s why they share the same styles.
– Diaz says “I don’t hate the media. Sometimes I’m in a better mood for it.”
– When asked how you cure sore muscles, Koscheck responds “Massage,” while Pat Barry says “Drugs.” Guessing White wasn’t too happy with that.
– White says MMA is coming to New York soon, and that the UFC is planning a big event for next year – likely January – at Vegas, Cowboy Stadium or Toronto.