UFC president Dana White confirmed that no date has been set for the rematch between Junior dos Santos and Cain Velasquez for the UFC heavyweight title. White said the bout is “probably not” going to happen at UFC 152 in September during the post-fight show on FUEL TV Saturday night for UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II.
Dos Santos defeated Velasquez for the belt last year, and successfully defended it against Frank Mir. Velasquez returned from the loss to stop Antonio Silva.
“Yes, that fight will happen. I don’t know when and I don’t know where,” White said. “That is going to depend on Junior.”
Both dos Santos and Velasquez exited their last fights relatively healthy, so there should be no concern with that area.
Photo credit: CombatLifestyle.com