twitter google

Alistair Overeem Says Junior Dos Santos Is ‘All Mine’ When He Is Cleared To Return

Former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem has some time to relax and enjoy life without having to worry about training each and every day.

Overeem was denied his fight license earlier this year, and cannot re-apply for it until late December. Once he does that, however, “The Reem” wants nothing more than a match with UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos.

“Junior dos Santos is the champion for a reason. I’m just going to lay low. I’m going to fight whoever they put in front of me. But I’m going to get my hands on him, and when I do, he’s all mine,” Overeem said (thanks to MMAjunkie.com for the quote).

Overeem and JDS were set to meet earlier this year, but Overeem was removed from the main event and replaced by Frank Mir. Dos Santos went on to defeat Mir, defending his title for the first time.

Overeem is 36-11 in his career and a perfect 1-0 inside the UFC. He will have had a over a year off between fights by the time he likely returns to the Octagon.

Photo credit: Tracy Lee/Yahoo! Sports

Follow MMAConvert

Fight Cards

UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos

Event Date: December 16, 2017
Broadcast: Fox

UFC 219

Event Date: December 30, 2017
Broadcast: TBD