twitter google

Mark Munoz Interested In Hector Lombard Fight

Former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard talked about taking a fight with Mark Munoz after his Octagon debut earlier this year.

At the time, UFC president Dana White seemed uninterested in the bout, as Munoz had just been defeated by Chris Weidman.

However, Lombard was also unsuccessful in his fight, as Tim Boetsch earned the decision win.

Now, it appears Munoz (12-3) is down with taking on the former Olympian Lombard (31-3-1), as he told BJPenn.com recently.

You know, Hector Lombard has been talking a lot about me. So, I don’t mind fighting him. I know he’s upset about what I said about him. I didn’t want to disrespect him at all. I didn’t want to disrespect him. He’s a very good fighter, but if he wants to go, we can go.

Munoz was one of many UFC competitors who didn’t believe in the hype that came with Lombard after he dominated the regional scene for several years.

As for his knockout loss to Weidman, Munoz said, “That fight that I just fought, I kind of took it too early. I was fighting a number of injuries. I don’t want to make any excuses, but he caught me with an elbow as I was just finding my groove.”

Photo credit: Sherdog

Follow MMAConvert

Fight Cards

UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos

Event Date: December 16, 2017
Broadcast: Fox

UFC 219

Event Date: December 30, 2017
Broadcast: TBD