twitter google

Junior Dos Santos Already Thinking About A Rematch With Cain Velasquez

Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos is still likely feeling the pain inflicted by Cain Velasquez this past weekend at UFC 155.

However, that doesn’t mean dos Santos is forgetting completely about the new UFC champ.

“I want a rematch now, soon,” said dos Santos, in a recent interview with SporTV. “I won the first one and he got a rematch. Now, I lost and I want my rematch. I’m saying I want this fight. I’ll get my belt back.”

Dos Santos was very critical of his own performance in the loss, saying he was too concerned with the wrestling of Velasquez and “didn’t protect my face, so he hit me.”

“When the fight was on the ground, I should have used my jiu-jitsu more – I trained it so much,” the Brazilian said. “I just tried to get back up and it didn’t help me. On the ground, he is very good, very strong. I didn’t really connect with any good punches.”

Velasquez rebounded from a 2011 loss to dos Santos earlier this year, finishing Antonio Silva. The next contender is likely to come out of the February Alistair Overeem-Silva fight, leaving dos Santos out of the picture for now.

Follow MMAConvert

Fight Cards

UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos

Event Date: December 16, 2017
Broadcast: Fox

UFC 219

Event Date: December 30, 2017
Broadcast: TBD