Following his victory over Dion Staring Saturday night, Daniel Cormier called for a bout with Frank Mir later this year.
Cormier challenged Mir to meet him in April on Fox, and it appears that the former UFC heavyweight champion is willing to accept.
“I think it’s an excellent test for him,” said Mir, during an interview with MMA Fight Corner. “I think you know, always be careful what you wish for. I think that his wrestling will definitely be tested in our fight. My submissions have the ability to definitely change outcomes of fights pretty quickly.”
Mir expected Cormier to power through Staring, which he did, taking the underdog fighter down several times before finishing him in the second. Mir said he is happy “DC” will be coming to the UFC “unscathed,” and that he is “more than happy to welcome him.”
Cormier and Mir were originally scheduled to face each other last year, but Mir suffered a training injury. He last fought in early 2012, falling to Junior dos Santos in a bout for the UFC heavyweight title.