Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has made it clear he no longer wants to work for the UFC.
Jackson will complete his contract later this month at UFC on Fox 6 against Glover Teixeira. And, it is quite obvious Jackson has not changed his mind about signing a new deal with the promotion.
“It’s all about respect,” Jackson said, during a conference call on Tuesday. “I don’t feel appreciated. I’d rather take a money cut and go to another show and be appreciated. It has nothing to do with money.”
Jackson has been very vocal towards the UFC since 2011, citing his desire to opt out of his deal early. Instead, “Rampage” took on Ryan Bader and was defeated. He blamed a training injury on his failure to make weight, and later was forced to pull out of a planned bout with Teixeira for late in 2012 due to another injury.
During the conference call, Jackson made it known that he was also upset that the UFC will not allow him to wear Reebok gear inside the Octagon. Jackson said he signed a contract with the shoe and clothing line last year, but was told he could not wear anything while competing that had Reebok on it.
Photo credit: Esther Lin/MMA Fighting