Christian Morecraft has decided enough is enough in terms of fighting, announcing his retirement on Tuesday.
Morecraft, just 26 years old, went 1-3 in the UFC’s heavyweight division. In his debut, he knocked out Stefan Struve, but was defeated by Sean McCorkle, Matt Mitrione and Pat Barry.
Morecraft was also arrested last year on suspicion of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. His last MMA fight came against Barry just a few days prior to the arrest.
Here is the message the fighter posted on Facebook announcing his retirement:
To anyone who still follows, competing in the UFC is a tough job on many different levels – getting better staying focused and all the other (expletive) that life brings to you and not to mention I still have to work a full time job to support yourself in the mean time. There’s plenty of “ex professional athletes” out there who are lost, broke, and jobless when competing is over, so with that being said trying to find an easier way to make a living and most importantly be happy so with that being said I’m saying GOODBYE TO THE FIGHT BUISINESS for right now. Nothing’s set in stone because we all know that nothing in life is, but for now I’ve got some other matters to take care of. Thank you all for your support over the years. Thank you and god bless everyone.
Since I work at a news MMA site, this needed to be posted. But, as far as I’m concerned, Morecraft and his OWI charge didn’t deserve the post.