The thought that Anderson Silva could no-show an event likely never crossed the mind of Chris Weidman.
However, after hearing about Silva skipping out on several interviews and media events to promote UFC 162, it appears Weidman is concerned now.
“I just want to make sure we both get in the fricken’ cage July 6,” said Weidman, during an interview with MMAjunkie.com. “I’m still worried about that. I don’t want him to hear this interview and be like, ‘Oh, that’s a good idea.’ So, don’t use this, Anderson.”
Silva, 33-4 overall and 16-0 in his UFC career, said he was unaware of any planned events when he scheduled a plane to take him from Los Angeles to Brazil. He was fined $50,000 by the UFC.
Weidman, 9-0 in his MMA career, has not fought since early last year when he defeated Mark Munoz. Surgery kept him on the sidelines for the remainder of the year.