Kenny Florian is a well-respected media member in MMA, as he is a former title contender himself in multiple divisions.
As the co-host of “UFC Tonight,” Florian is able to express his opinions on a near-weekly basis.
However, he decided to take to Twitter earlier this week to offer up three tips for both UFC 162 main event fighters Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman. The two collide tonight for “The Spider’s” UFC middleweight title.
Here is what “KenFlo” had to say about the match:
For Anderson Silva
1. Silva must use his fakes, circling & side to side movement to keep Weidman off balance to slow down his wrestling shots.
2. AS uses the cage so well to aid his defensive wrestling. Look for him to back up & circle close to the cage to help defend td’s.
3. Silva is the best counter striker in UFC history. Look for him to try to catch Weidman as he comes forward.
For Chris Weidman
1. Weidman must start fast & get in Silva’s face. Longer u allow Silva to stay on his feet, the more rhythm & timing u give him.
2. CW must mix up striking to disguise his takedowns. This will also get him respect from Silva in that area to create a dilemma.
3. If/when Weidman gets the takedown he must use a tight top game. From 1/2 guard & side control he can set up guillotine & D’Arce.
Front-Page Photo Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports