twitter google

Nick Diaz Has ‘Offer On Table’ To Fight Again, Cesar Gracie Says

Nick Diaz Has ‘Offer On Table’ To Fight Again, Cesar Gracie Says

Nick Diaz could be making a return to the Octagon in the near future.

Diaz, a former Strikeforce champion, announced his retirement after failing to win the UFC welterweight title from Georges St-Pierre earlier this year. It marked the second such announced retirement by Diaz.

Since that time, he has started his own MMA promotion and held an event. WAR MMA ran a card in Stockton last month, but no plans for another have been made public.

Now, Cesar Gracie is telling people that his fighter could be headed for another run in the UFC.

“There is an offer on the table. That’s all I can say,” said Gracie, during an interview with BJPenn.com recently. “Dana (White) has offered him a fight. I can’t say who it is, but it’s kind of neat, I think.”

The names out there are endless, as Diaz could even bump up in weight and fight at middleweight if he wanted to. The 29-year-old is 26-9 in his career.

Who would you like to see Diaz fight? Demian Maia? Maybe the loser of Jake Ellenberger-Rory MacDonald?

UPDATE: White, however, has since denied the report by Gracie, saying “Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick,” in an interview with MMAFighting.com.

Follow MMAConvert

Fight Cards

UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos

Event Date: December 16, 2017
Broadcast: Fox

UFC 219

Event Date: December 30, 2017
Broadcast: TBD