The guys on The MMA Beat break down all things MMA, but the focus is on UFC on FX 8.
Vitor Belfort claims Luke Rockhold is afraid, Rockhold says he isn’t. In a few hours, we’ll find out, as the pair throws down in the main event at UFC on FX 8
With only hours to go before they meet at UFC on FX 8 , Luke Rockhold assures the fans he’s not afraid of Vitor Belfort, and he goes on to say he’ll kick is ass.
Maybe Luke Rockhold wasn’t sure how Vitor Belfort prefers to stand during pre-fight staredowns.
Well, earlier this week, the former Strikeforce champion found out first-hand just what Belfort does – literally.
As Belfort locked eyes with Rockhold, he proceeded to put his right fist right in his face. While Rockhold didn’t back down or say anything at the time, he took to Twitter to express how fired up that made him.
“Press conference (Thursday). Can’t stand fist to face (expletive), he will get his, I promise!” Rockhold wrote, who has called out Belfort for his use of TRT.
The two will meet tonight at UFC on FX 8 from Brazil, with “The Phenom” holding the obvious home-Octagon advantage.
The UFC returns from a two-week layoff with UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Rockhold Saturday night from Brazil.
Luke Rockhold doesn’t believe fighters should be allowed to use testosterone replacement therapy, even if it’s been prescribed and watched-over by medical personnel.
Rockhold, though, will have to face a fighter on TRT this Saturday when he meets Vitor Belfort at UFC on FX 8.
The former Strikeforce middleweight champion will be making his Octagon debut against Belfort in “The Phenom’s” native country of Brazil.
“I don’t necessarily trust him,” said Rockhold, during an interview with ESPN. “I don’t necessarily trust the system. Do I think he is cheating? Yes, I do. Do I care? Yes and no.”
Rockhold said he believes TRT can “help in some ways, but it can also hurt you. I think it gives you some explosiveness and it can give you strength.”
Belfort was allowed to use TRT prior to defeating Michael Bisping earlier this year. There has been much talk concerning this, as he failed a previous drug test in Nevada for steroids.
In the same interview, Rockhold’s trainer, Javier Mendez of American Kickboxing Academy, admitted that he uses TRT.
I wasn’t going to tell anyone this, but I will tell you. I am on TRT. I think its cheating. It gives you a slight advantage over the people who aren’t on it. The recovery time is much faster, and that means you can get back to training harder and you can train harder.
Does it concern you that someone so close to Rockhold – and the rest of AKA, which includes Cain Velasquez and Daniel Cormier – uses TRT?
The weigh-ins for UFC on FX 8 will be streaming live and free here at 3/6. They’ll be coming from Brazil.
Mark Hunt has had enough of dealing with his visa troubles.
The UFC heavyweight is expected to fly to the U.S. and face Junior dos Santos next Saturday night.
However, thanks to a previous run-in with the law, coupled with increased security due to the recent Boston Marathon bombings, Hunt has found it difficult to secure travel from New Zealand to Las Vegas.
While the UFC informed reporters earlier this week that they were working hard to get Hunt cleared, “The Super Samoan” is ready to throw in the towel.
Today is the day if I don’t get visa today I’m going to start eating cake u guys didnt know bout cake day
— mark richard hunt (@markhunt1974) May 16, 2013
Paulo Thiago is ready to welcome Michel Prazeres to The UFC this weekend at UFC on FX 8.
UFC president Dana White made it known several months ago that if fighters do not pass their mandatory drug tests, they will be not awarded fight-night bonuses.
Well, with Pat Healy failing his recent test at UFC 159 for marijuana, White has taken away both of his $65,000 checks.
Bryan Caraway was awarded one of those, earning the “Submission of the Night.” It is interesting that Caraway won it, as he pushed White to increase the bonuses by $15,000 the night of the event.
@_royy it’s known up front that checks are held until everyone passes the drug test. Brian Caraway get the SON now. Healy did himself dirty.
— Dana White (@danawhite) May 15, 2013
Do you think it was right of the UFC to take Healy’s bonuses away?