Adrenaline MMA, formerly the American side of M-1 Global, has officially announced its inaugural event, set to take place in Chicago, Ill., at the Sears Centre Arena on June 14. The organization, led by Monte Cox, has signed two high-profile heavyweights to date—Tim Sylvia and Ben Rothwell—however, they won’t be competing for Adrenaline until its second show in September due to their participation in Affliction: Banned. Because of that, Cox has lined up Jeff Monson and Mike Russow to battle it out in the night’s main event.
The card is actually comprised of many familiar names which you might recognize from the UFC and IFL, including Terry Martin, Alberto Crane, Rory Markham, Daiju Takase (who holds a win over Anderson Silva, but not much else), Bart Palaszewski and others. The card is pretty decent for Adrenaline’s first show, although it’s nothing that’s going to set your hair on fire.
Monte Cox is a smart man, though, with a lot of experience in this business—managing fighters and promoting events. I would imagine he will have some level of success, but I wouldn’t expect anything that could even come close to approaching the UFC anytime in the near future.
The announced card:
- Jeff Monson (23-7) vs. Mike Russow (9-1)
- Terry Martin (16-4) vs. Daiju Takase (7-11)
- Alberto Crane (8-2) vs. Clay French (14-2)
- Tony Fryklund (14-9) vs. Brian Gassaway (25-17-1)
- Logan Clark (10-1) vs. Mike Marrello (6-1-1)
- Chris Guillen (11-7) vs. Brad Imes (13-4)
- Jeff Cox (9-6) vs. Bart Palaszewski (28-11)
- Rory Markham (14-4) vs. TBA
- Herc Hayes (7-5) vs. Kerry Schall (22-9)
- Ron Fields (18-24-1) vs. Aaron Rosa (10-2)
- Dom O’Grady (4-0) vs. Mike Stumpf (8-1)
- Joe Jordan (40-11) vs. Ryan Williams (6-1)
- John Hosman (7-3-1) vs. Christian Reynosa (6-2)